Tuesday, March 6, 2012

About Me

I am a 25 year old, mother, wife, and doula. I live in beautiful Oregon, and love the outdoors. I consider myself very lucky to have a life filled with love, joy, and happiness. This last September, my husband and I made a decision to add even more happiness to our lives by having a second child. This was the beginning of our journey to finding out I have Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) also know as Primary Ovairian Insuffiancy (POI).


We have been blessed with our 3.5 year old daughter, named Dimi, she is a ball of light, who makes my heart glow. I was 21, in college, on birth control, and no where near ready for a baby when we got pregnant. She was a complete surprise, but my bond with the tiny little life inside me was was instant. So, my belly and heart grew, and we had a baby. Giving birth and becoming a mommy has been the most amazing thing that has ever happend to me, and I am only now beging to understand what a miricle she truely is.


My prenatal, birth, and postpartum experiences made me want to dive in to the world of birth and become a Birth Doula. A doula is a woman who supports women and families through the birthing process. Birth work, women's health, and sexual health are passions of mine, I believe that all are important issues. So, as you can imagine my life has been filled with ovaries, uteruses (uteri?), vulvas, babies, and fertility for the last three years, and being diagnosed with POF was quite shocking.  How can I not be fertile, I wear a ring of the goddess of abundance on my right hand! Her swelling belly has been on my right ring finger for two years now...you'd think she would have helped a sister out.


The rock in my life is my amazing husband. We are wildly in love. He is a part of my soul. He knows me better then I even know myself. Our love has burnt out of control from the start, and we have never taken the time to put out that flame. Call it kismet, call it true love, whatever it is I pinch myself everyday hoping it is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment